We’re happy to announce that we’ll be conducting several daily virtual herfs in this time where lounges are being closed all across the nation!
What is a Herf?
Simply put, a herf is a gathering of cigar smokers! To reduce the spread of COVID-19, we’ll be conducting virtual herfs to bring back the sense of community that we’ve suspended by closing down cigar lounges.
Who Will Be in the Virtual Herfs?
We’re aiming for approximately three virtual herfs a week hosted by the following individuals:
- Michael T: Maxamar Ultimate Cigars and Small Batch Cigar Veteran
- Vlad S: Casdagli Cigars U.S. Distributor, Cigar Journal Panelist, Sommelier to the Masses
- Dave W: Small Batch Cigar’s Daily Batch and CigarNoise
- Special Guests that will be announced on our IG/FB Stories as well as our Facebook Group
And hopefully we’ll be joined by all of you!
When Will the Virtual Herfs Take Place?
While the final plans are still very fluid, our goal is to conduct three lounge experiences a week at a consistent time – or at least as consistent as possible.
The current schedule is as follows:
- Fridays starting at 2:30pm PST / 5:30pm EST
- Saturdays starting at 2:30pm PST / 5:30pm EST
- Sundays starting at 2:30pm PST / 5:30pm EST
How Do I Join the Virtual Herfs?
As of right now, the best way to get the link out for everyone to join our lounge experience is through the Small Batch Cigar Facebook group. To make sure you see the announcement, please join our group by clicking here.
As we kick off a new virtual herf every night, we’ll post the link in this Facebook Group to allow everyone to join in.
Do I Need to Download Anything to Be Able to Join?
Yes! We’re using the Zoom client since it allows up to 100 people to join at a time.
Click here to see Zoom’s official page and download the appropriate program or app.
If you don’t have the program or app beforehand, I believe Zoom will prompt you to download it when you click the link to join from our Facebook group. There are even browser extensions that you can get instead of a fully-fledged program.